strap line here
ACS provide a specialist cleaning service to businesses in the industrial and commercial sectors across the UK. We’ve established ourselves as one of the leading industrial cleaning companies in the North West. For over 20 years, our trusted, qualified team based in Blackburn have used their expertise to keep factories, warehouses and offices nationwide safe and hygienic for the workforce. We work with cutting-edge specialist equipment to deliver the cleaning solution you need, whatever the industry.
It is a legal requirement to ensure that your silo systems are maintained to a sufficient standard and by a competent contractor, as Regulation 3 of the Confined Space Regulations 1997 states that you should take all reasonably practicable steps to engage competent contractors.
It is crucial that if you have any concerns with regards to the cleanliness or standards of your silo system, you should contact a member of the ACS Cleaning team today on 01254 693 131.
If your business’ silo systems are deemed to be inadequate or un maintained, you could face an array of serious consequences but having regular maintenance and cleaning works carried out will prevent this, the benefits are listed below.
• Reduces risk of contamination
• Removes built up material
• Recovery of lost materials
• Maximises flow of silo and efficiency
• Recovery of lost storage capacity, restore silo back to peak capacity
• Blockages, resulting in downtime and money lost for your business
• All ACS technicians are City and Guilds confined space and rescue trained/ Rope access and first aid trained in line with confined space regs 1997
We complete each silo cleaning task by completing the five simple steps below. At the end of each clean, ACS Cleaning will provide you with a detailed report, photographic evidence, a swab test analysis and a valid hygiene or cleanliness certification so you can rest assured knowing that your silo is compliant with the latest HSE regulations.
One of the UK’s leading providers of agricultural and rural supplies got in touch with the dedicated team at ACS Cleaning, to have one of their animal feed silos rigorously inspected and cleaned. The ACS Cleaning team were happy to take on the task, and subsequently sent three highly trained rope access and confined space technicians to the premises to complete the process.
Firstly, an inspection had to be carried out to look for the cause of a blockage within the silo preventing the flow of feed into the production plant. Once any blockages had been identified, they were then resolved by our specialist cleaning team.
• Cause for the loss of flow from the silo.
• Moisture build up and contaminated product within the dead space area.
• Any damage present and/or foreseeable problem areas
• A dry clean and brush down internal surfaces and remove blockage
• A photographic record of the condition of the silo and of any work carried out.
With around two tons of product removed in total, the ACS Cleaning team identified that the blockage / hang-up was located around the bottom cone section of the silo structure. The product had hardened and restricted the flow into the screw below.
A dry clean and brush down of the internal area of the silo was carried out, cleaning side walls and underside of silo roof. Following completion of the silo cleaning process, ACS Cleaning provided the client with a complete list of recommendations to help maintain the silo, which included organising an annual visit from our team to ensure regular inspections.