ACS Specialist Cleaning Ltd were approached by a UK based bakery to provide our leading silo cleaning services. The client required our expertise, to carry out an external silo inspection and steam clean one of the flour silos at their premises.
ACS Cleaning sent a specialist team to complete the task, and they were asked to specifically to look for:
- Possible causes of product contamination and mould residues
- Any scaly reddish-brown or reddish-yellow hydrated ferric oxides formed on the metal through the presence of water
- Any stain or coating resembling iron rust or fibreglass
- Deterioration of ferrous metal resulting from inactivity and the presence of moisture such as in dead spaces within the silo
- Any oxidization or damage
How We Steam Cleaned The Flour Silos
Prior to inspection, it was clear to our team that there was a substantial amount of product on the side of the silos. So, this product was swiftly steam cleaned so we could complete our exterior inspection process.
Upon inspection, our team found that the external of the silos were in poor condition. We found around 6 inches of flour thickness over the top of the silos, which had come as a result of the valves to airlines being split and severed in approximately 20 places.
ACS Cleaning bagged up around 500 to 700kg off the top of the silos, before proceeding to effectively steam clean all three silos on the premises.
Why not take an in-depth look at our flexible and high quality silo cleaning services?
Results & Aftercare
Upon completion of the process, we provided the client with a full report of the work that we carried out which included a list of recommendations to help maintain the silos in the future.
ACS Cleaning are proud to a leading industrial hygiene company in the UK.